Frances Bradley is a design studio specialising in exploring materials combinations and blending them with traditional woodworking techniques to make organic modern furniture in often brightly coloured combinations. Each piece is unique and handmade by a team of Artisan craftsmen at our base, a series of 200 year old ex Royal Ordnance buildings in Northamptonshire UK.
Sustainable design is part of our key principles, using sustainably sourced local timber produced as a byproduct of local tree surgeons which means that often the piece can be traced back to the individual tree.
My Design Principles
- Material led design - starting with natural wood and desigining around it's unique features.
- Sustainably sourced- most of our wood is produced as a byproduct of local tree surgeons rather than being cut down specifically for the wood.
- Local- where possible both the materials and processes are within 30 miles of the workshop in Northamptonshire.
- Traceable - often the piece can be tracked back to where the individual tree once stood.
- Honest materials and design - every material is clear and purposeful
- Simple but modern designs
- Environmentally friendly practices- minimising production waste through design, low materials miles and packaging recovery and reuse where possible ensures each item has the minimum environmental impact starting from initial design through to the final piece.